The Arc Bates Trust Expense Fund was established in 1987 after the passing of Ms. Royal M. Bates. Ms. Bates was a long-time case worker in Branch County and was a resident of Battle Creek. She had directed in her will that a portion of her assets be retained in a trust for the benefit of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who reside in the City of Battle Creek, Michigan.
Funds are currently available through The Arc of Calhoun County for persons with disabilities, or organizations who serve those with disabilities, who need assistance purchasing items that will enhance learning, mobility, and wellness.
Print Application Here:
An applicant may qualify for consideration:
- May require a written medical statement of need provided by clinical professional.
- Expenditure must be approved before bill is incurred.
- Decision is at the sole discretion of The Arc of Calhoun County.
- Maximum per individual and/or family per year: $1,000.00 (additional amount at the sole discretion of The Arc of Calhoun County).
- The individual benefiting must have an intellectual or developmental disability per state definition.
- Expenditure must be made within 6 months of when it was approved.
- Individual must live within the City of Battle Creek.
- May be required to accept assistance from The Arc in exploring other options before accessing the fund.
- Ramps for private residences
- Dental needs – cleanings, fillings, x-rays, extractions
- Eye glasses, replacement glasses
- Wheel chairs / walkers
- Program scholarships for disability related services
- Medical equipment repair
- Home renovation to increase accessibility
- Uninsured procedures
- Orthopedic shoes
- Communication devices / equipment
- Accessibility equipment
- Sponsorship of activities that promote inclusion for improved quality of life
- Other expenses to individuals with I/DD that presents a hardship for individual or family
For questions please call the The Arc at 269.966.2575 or email at email@example.com.
*Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis at regularly scheduled board meetings