ACHIEVE WITH US
The Arc's Bates Trust Expense Fund
Royal M. Bates willed funds to be used for the benefit of residents of the City of Battle Creek with disabilities. Forms must be filled out and mailed or emailed to The Arc of Calhoun County for consideration.
An applicant may qualify for consideration:
1. May require a written medical statement of need provided by clinical professional.
2. Expenditure must be approved before bill is incurred.
3. Decision is at the sole discretion of The Arc of Calhoun County.
4. Maximum per individual and/or family per year: $1,000.00 (additional amount at the sole discretion of The Arc of Calhoun County).
5. The individual benefiting must have an intellectual or developmental disability per state definition.
6. Expenditure must be made within 6 months of when it was approved.
7. Individual must live within the City of Battle Creek.
8. May be required to accept assistance from The Arc in exploring other options before accessing the fund.
• Ramps for private residences
• Dental needs - cleanings, fillings, x-rays, extractions
• Eye glasses, replacement glasses
• Wheel chairs / walkers
• Program scholarships for disability related services
• Medical equipment repair
• Home renovation to increase accessibility
• Uninsured procedures
• Orthopedic shoes
• Communication devices / equipment
• Accessibility equipment
• Sponsorship of activities that promote inclusion for
improved quality of life
• Other expenses to individuals with I/DD that
presents a hardship for individual or family
For questions please call The Arc at 269.966.2575 or email at email@example.com.
*Applications are reviewed on a monthly basis at regularly scheduled board meeting.