|As we continue to navigate the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, Michigan Alliance for Families is offering a series of webinars for parents preparing for the new school year.
Our Parent Mentors will answer the questions we’re hearing most often. Webinars start at noon and will be recorded.
August 13 – Planning for Your Child’s Return To School During COVID-19
A conversation on making tough decisions, planning for success, and problem solving for the return to school for your child with an IEP.
· Understanding your options and considerations for decision making
· Getting supports and services your child needs during distance learning
· Managing back to school for your child with an IEP or IFSP
August 20 – Parent Advocacy During Unprecedented Times
A conversation on being an effective advocate for your child when so much is different and changing often.
· Advocating for your child’s distance learning needs
· Documenting events and conversations as they occur
· When to act and what to do when something isn’t working
August 27 – Tips for Student Self Advocates During Remote Learning
Students returning to school this year will need to speak up for themselves in new ways; tools and advice for youth with disabilities and those who support them.
· 6 W’s of self advocacy
· Understanding the chain of command/hierarchy
· Helping your student self-advocate during distance learning
· Register for webinar series
· View flyer
· Michigan Alliance for Families COVID-19 resources